Submit Your Speaker Abstract for PCI-SIG® Virtual DevCon 2021
PCI-SIG will again be offering its Members Implementation Experiences speaking track. During this popular series of presentations, PCI-SIG members present unique tips, tricks and pitfalls learned during their implementation of PCI Express® (PCIe®) technology. Presentations must emphasize specific challenges, issues or methods from experiences implementing PCIe technology, rather being product-oriented.
Abstracts of 100 words or less are due by 12:00 pm PT on Friday, Feb. 19. PCI-SIG members are invited to submit your abstract for consideration here.
All topics are welcomed in this track. To help speakers come up with a topic, the PCI-SIG Marketing Workgroup would like you to consider a paper focused on a particular market segment, or present unique tips, tricks and pitfalls learned during their implementation of PCI Express® (PCIe®) technology. We have provided some suggestions below to stimulate your thinking:
- Automotive Use Cases: The emergence of connected and autonomous vehicles has made evident the need for high-bandwidth links between the processing units in Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS). PCI Express technology is the interconnect of choice for advanced vehicle systems due to its high bandwidth, reliable connectivity and vast ecosystem. How is your company implementing PCIe technology in the automotive ecosystem and what challenges have you faced?
- Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning: AI and ML applications often require high-bandwidth, low-latency transport channels to process massive amounts of data in real time. PCIe architecture provides the connectivity solution for the heterogeneous compute architectures of AI and ML applications. How has your company deployed PCIe technology in AI/ML and what tips and tricks can you share?
- PCIe 4.0/5.0 Architecture Implementation: With each new PCI Express specification, we have been able to double the bandwidth of the previous generation. The PCIe 5.0 specification doubled the data rate of PCIe 4.0 specification to 32GT/s, and the forthcoming PCIe 6.0 specification will double that rate again to 64 GT/s. How is your company developing the latest generations of PCIe technology products? What did you learn during the development process and what challenges did you face?
- Preparing for PCIe 6.0 Specification: The upcoming PCIe 6.0 specification delivers both power efficiency and cost-effective performance boost by leveraging PAM-4 (Pulse Amplitude Modulation with 4 levels) multi-level signaling, FEC (Forward Error Correction) and FLIT (Flow Control Unit) encoding. What are some system-level challenges you anticipate facing with PCIe 6.0 architecture? What are some new applications this increased data rate will unlock?
- PCI Express Technology Compliance and Interoperation: Growing complexity in PCIe devices and ecosystem requires robust testing to ensure specification compliance and seamless interoperation. What are some tools, techniques and processes that you follow to achieve this?
Accepted submissions will be recorded prior to the conference and posted to the Members Implementation Experiences track via the virtual event platform. For additional details about submitting a speaker abstract for PCI-SIG Virtual DevCon 2021, speaker guidelines and a timeline of speaker milestones, review the Call for Papers 2021 page on our website.
Save the Date for PCI-SIG Virtual DevCon 2021
Save the date for the PCI-SIG Virtual Developers Conference 2021 on May 25-26. The conference is a free event for our 800+ member companies worldwide. We’re excited to bring you a virtual event with many features, including technical presentations, the well-regarded Members Implementation Experiences track, sponsorship opportunities and networking options.
Attendees will be able to participate in technical trainings and gain best practices to improve product rollout and interoperability. You will also have the opportunity to virtually meet with your peers and view the latest updates from sponsors.
Questions? Please email email@example.com. We look forward to receiving your submissions.