PCI-SIG Compliance Workshops host interoperability and compliance tests. Interoperability tests enable members to test their products against other members’ products. Compliance tests allow for product testing against PCI-SIG test modules.
Both testing types issue “pass” or “fail” results for each test area examined. To formally label products as compliant, they must score a minimum of 80 percent on interoperability tests and pass all required compliance tests.
Interoperability and compliance tests focus on the latest PCI specifications, specifically:
- PCI Express 4.0
- PCI Express 3.0
- PCI Express U.2®/SFF-8639/ (8 GT/s)
- PCI Express M.2™ (8 GT/s) (Preliminary FYI Only)
PCI Express compliance testing includes:
- Electrical Testing - Examines platform and add-in card Transmitter and Receiver characteristics
- Configuration Testing - Examines configuration space in PCIe devices
- Link Protocol Testing - Examines device’s link-level protocol behavior
- Transaction Protocol Testing - Examines devices transaction-level protocol behavior
- Platform BIOS Testing - Examines BIOS ability to recognize and configure PCIe devices
Corresponding Test Guides by specification version can be downloaded here. These downloadable guides include test descriptions, test specifications, procedural guidelines and required tools.