PCI-SIG Compliance Workshops host interoperability and compliance tests. Interoperability tests enable members to test their products against other members’ products. Compliance tests allow for product testing against PCI-SIG test modules.
Both testing types issue “pass” or “fail” results for each test area examined. To formally label products as compliant, they must score a minimum of 80 percent on interoperability tests and pass all required compliance tests.
Interoperability and compliance tests focus on the latest PCI specifications, specifically:
- PCI Express 5.0
- PCI Express 4.0
- PCI Express U.2®/SFF-8639/ (8 GT/s)
- PCI Express M.2™ (8 GT/s) (Preliminary FYI Only)
PCI Express compliance testing includes:
- Electrical Testing - Examines platform and add-in card Transmitter and Receiver characteristics
- Configuration Testing - Examines configuration space in PCIe devices
- Link Protocol Testing - Examines device’s link-level protocol behavior
- Transaction Protocol Testing - Examines devices transaction-level protocol behavior
Corresponding Test Guides by specification version can be downloaded here. These downloadable guides include test descriptions, test specifications, procedural guidelines and required tools.