The PCIe 7.0 Specification, Version 0.3 is Now Available to Members
PCI Express® (PCIe®) specification has served as the de facto interconnect of choice for nearly two decades and will continue to evolve to meet the needs of the compute continuum. As was announced at the PCI-SIG Developers Conference 2022, the forthcoming PCIe 7.0 specification is targeted for member release in 2025. The PCIe 7.0 specification is intended to provide a data rate of 128 GT/s, providing a doubling of the data rate of the PCIe 6.0 specification. PCIe 7.0 technology is targeted to be a scalable interconnect solution for data-intensive markets like Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning, Data Center, HPC, Automotive, IoT, and Military/Aerospace.
PCIe 7.0 Specification Feature Goals
- Delivering 128 GT/s raw bit rate and up to 512 GB/s bi-directionally via x16 configuration
- Utilizing PAM4 (Pulse Amplitude Modulation with 4 levels) signaling
- Focusing on maintaining the channel parameters and reach
- Continuing to deliver the low-latency and high-reliability targets
- Improving power efficiency
- Maintaining backwards compatibility with all previous generations of PCIe technology
PCIe 7.0 Specification Resources
- Press Release
For More Information about PCI-SIG
- Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for the latest information about the PCIe specifications and future announcements. We invite you to join the conversation by leveraging the #PCISIG and #PCIe hashtags in your social media posts.
- If you are not yet a PCI-SIG member, we invite you to become a member today.
- If you have additional questions about the upcoming PCIe 7.0 specification, please reach out to the PCI-SIG PR team at firstname.lastname@example.org.