Founded in 1992, Peripheral Component Interconnect Special Interest Group (PCI-SIG) is an association of 700+ industry companies committed to advancing its non-proprietary peripheral component interconnect (PCI) technology by:
- Defining PCI specifications to deliver required I/O functionality
- Adapting PCI technology to future applications
- Maintaining backward compatibility with previous specifications
- Supporting industry-wide product development by offering compliance and interoperability test support
The association offers single-tiered membership, available to any company interested in developing or working with the technology. These members collaborate in open committees to define, to test and to refine specifications.
PCI-SIG’s methodical approach to specification development yields a reliable, scalable solution for high speed I/O in numerous market applications. In fact, the PCI I/O expansion bus is today’s de facto interconnect between CPUs and peripherals—in computers to servers.
As demand for higher performing I/O grows, PCI-SIG’s scope and ecosystem reach expands. Current PCI Express® and other related technology roadmaps account for new form factors and lower power applications (e.g., handhelds, mobile, IoT/embedded). Innovation on these fronts will remain true to PCI-SIG’s legacy of delivering solutions that are:
- Backward compatible
- High performance
- Processor agnostic
Membership is open to everyone interested in developing or working with the Peripheral Component Interconnect (PCI) technology. Benefits include various services that help companies bring to market PCI-compliant devices, such as:
- Current PCI specification access
- Complimentary technical support
- Specification revision and addendum input
- Compliance Workshops invitations
- Voting rights
- Industry event inclusion (Developers Conferences, trade shows, etc.)
- Vendor ID assignments
- PCI-SIG PR and MarCom support
To learn more, review our organizational documents here.